Friday, July 19, 2013

Ian - 1962 Serro Scotty

Yes you read that right, a Scotty. Ian contacted me to see if I have ever made wings for a Scotty... my obvious thought was "No, Scotty's didn't have wings". Oh how wrong I was. Apparently around 1961 Scotty introduced a small wing as an option for their trailers. The founder of the company was fond of the wings that Shasta introduced in 1958. But it sounds like Shasta put some legal pressure on Scotty to drop the wings. They were only available for a couple years. To say they are rare is an understatement.

Ian and I worked out the design with images from the web and this is what I finally came up with... and they look killer! The shape is very similar to the cut out for the wheel well. Ian is doing a bang up job bringing this old Scotty back to life and he now has a fantastic set of wings to go along with it. My thanks to Ian for bringing the project to me, and I hope to hear from many more Scotty owners in the future!

The wings are double sided (reversible) and wrapped in my custom 3 line trim.


 
"When I imagined what the wings should look like they never looked as good as these.  So good.  Perfect!" - Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment